Tuesday 25 March 2014

                                 FUND RAISING EVENT FOR THE DISABLED CHILDREN

Children in Sri Lankan School Muscat have been involved in the fund raising event for the past two weeks as part of the Citizenship Studies by joining the ‘Change for Children ‘project implemented by Early Intervention for Children with Disability (AEICD) organization. They donated their pocket money for the needs of children with disabilities. The following poem is dedicated to all the disabled children in this world.
                     
 
 
 Listen to the words unspoken

Listen to me…

Listen to my heart beat…

Listen to the words unspoken…

Every morning I see the birds

On the mango tree

Near the window of my room,

Whispering something to each other,

I see them opening their mouths…

I guess they talk to each other happily…

I like to hear the songs they sing

When they are together…

I like to hear their melancholic voice

When they depart each other…

But, I only can see their gestures,

I want to tell my friends how I feel

And listen to their loving voices,

But I only can open my voiceless mouth,

I want to walk along the streets

Holding their hands with pleasure

But my lifeless limbs

Say ‘no, you cannot’…

The world is moving

I am still sitting at my window

Looking at the birds…

Life is this for me,

A garden with withered flowers

Having no sunlight….
 

-       Anjalie Chandima Silva -
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment